Keith D. Silverstein
Mr. Silverstein has been the managing partner of two prior law firms, and in January 2013 he started his own firm specializing in significant personal injury, mass torts and product liability cases. Mr. Silverstein has represented clients in high profile matters; most recently in the World Trade Center Ground Zero cases. He actively seeks cases with dfficult liability issues with catastrophic injuries utilizing his 30 years of experience, creativity and pit bull mentality to obtain highly successful results.
Keith Silverstein has been practicing law since 1987. After earning his degree from George Washington University (B.A. 1983), he attended law school at Benjamin Cardozo School of Law (J.D. 1986). Upon graduation, Keith became general counsel to The Orelube Corporation, a New York concern involved in the manufacturing of chemical and petroleum based products primarily for the aerospace industry. At Orelube, Keith focused his interest and work in environmental, toxic tort and product liability issues.
After leaving Orelube to pursue a career in litigation, Keith refined his skills as a litigator by handling a variety of environmental, toxic tort and product liability cases. He has worked extensively on asbestos, lead-based paint, gasoline spills, chemical contaminations, and hazardous waste cases. Keith has also been involved in numerous drug product and medical device cases including Ephedra, Fen-Phen, Vioxx, Celebrex, Avandia, Heparin and Guidant defibrillators. Recently, Keith has been actively involved in the 9/11 World Trade Center rescue and recovery worker cases and assisted in the settlement of hundreds of claims.
Keith has taken numerous verdicts and negotiated multimillion-dollar settlements. He has lectured at New York Law School, various unions and local businesses on workplace safety issues. He is admitted in New York, Connecticut, and Washington, D.C.
Keith resides in New York City with his wife Stacey, an attorney, and his sons Kyle and Harrison.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Significant Personal Injury
- Mass Torts
- Product Liability
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Connecticut, 1986
- District of Columbia
- New York, 1987
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. – 1986
- George Washington University, Washington DC
- B.A. – 1983
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
Past Employment Positions
- Silverstein & Stern, L.L.P., Managing Partner, 2006 – 2012
- Silverstein & Hurwitz, P.C., Managing Partner, 1994 – 2006
- The Orelube Corporation, General Counsel, 1986 – 1989
- Board Member, Rescue Dogs Rock, Animal Rescue – 2016
- Black Belt, Seido Karate – April 1994
- Intern, Honorable Mark A. Constantino, E.D.N.Y – 1985-1986
- Intern, U.S. Senator Daniel P. Moynihan, Washington, D.C. 1981-1982