Who Is Responsible If I Am Injured In My Building
Who Is Responsible If I Suffer An Injury In My Building?
In New York, landlords have a duty to take reasonable precautions to keep tenants and guests reasonably safe from harm and dangerous conditions. If they fail to do so, and someone suffers an injury as a result, they may be legally accountable under the legal concept known as premises liability.
Whether you have been injured because of poor building security, dangerous stairwells, slippery hallways or anything in between, the dedicated and experienced attorneys at Keith D. Silverstein & Associates, P.C., are here to assist you. Simply put, we will do everything we can to help ensure that you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
Landlord Liability: The Basics
There is a virtually endless list of instances in which your landlord may be liable for a tenant’s injury, including situations in which an injury is caused by:
- Slippery conditions, including icy or slippery walkways, sidewalks or parking lots
- Uneven or broken floors or hallways
- Broken or missing railings in stairwells
- Broken or poorly lit stairwells
- Malfunctioning elevators
- Carpeting or rugs that are torn, tattered or defective
- Inoperable security systems or cameras, which may lead to dangerous individuals sneaking in the building
- Broken locks or doors, which may also lead to dangerous individuals sneaking in the building
- Poorly trained or inadequate security guards or other personnel
As a tenant, you have certain rights, and you need to do everything you can to enforce these rights if you have suffered an injury because of your landlord’s negligence.
Contact A Lawyer As Soon As Possible
Schedule a FREE consultation with an experienced New York property injury lawyer today by calling Keith D. Silverstein & Associates, P.C., at 212-385-1444 or toll free at 866-492-7487. You can also email us online. We can help you hold property owners accountable when their negligent acts cause injury to you or your guests.
GET A FREE CONSULTATION
Contact Us Today